Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Merry Christmas, Ya'll
Wow ... when reviewing the email I sent last Christmas (2007) … I could not believe what I was reading …. With the exception of the 50th Anniversary … this could be exactly what would be in my Christmas 2008 email. Little did I know when I sent it out December 24, 2007 how our lives would drastically change in only 5 days … December 29, 2007 – and it didn’t stop there … Jirl, Brenda and Bailey’s lives took a sudden change shortly afterward.
The following is our Christmas 2007 email.
Christmas 2007
You guessed it … I ran smooth out of time to get Christmas cards in the mail! I know, you each probably expected it to happen … yet, I didn’t!
To each of you (which is ALL of you) who have prayed for my family and friends this year throughout each individual crisis … thank you. For each of you (again, which is all of you) who were there for us through each tough time in our life … thank you. To each of you (and again, which is ALL of you) who have shared in the joys of our children ... thank you. For each of you who have loved us because we just got thrown into a situation and became fast friends (Gena ... that would be you!!) For each of you (and again, which is ALL of you) who celebrated the 50th Anniversary of my parents with us … thank you!
2007 has been full of ups and downs for all of us … yet without the confidence of knowing we are Children of God and knowing we have great friends such as ours … it would be unbearable! Here’s to knowing we ALL will have a wonderful 2008!
You all should know I am a big numbers person … therefore 2008 will be a “10” year. According to statistics … 10 is the ultimate number …. And, I know all of you are a 10.
Have a most joyous holiday … remember, “Without the manger, there is no Christmas”.
Love, kisses and hugs to all!
*************************************************************************************
Last year, when I was being so thankful to my family and friends for their support and love in 2007 – I had no clue how thankful I would be a year later for my family and friends.
And, it was a “10” year after-all!
For the most part, Royce has come a very long way from the Stroke ICU and the Stroke Rehabilitation Center both at OU Medical Center.
Jirl, Brenda and Bailey’s lives are pretty much back to normal – or as normal as it can be with Bailey driving!! Brenda continues to get healthier each day!
Cass was able to relocate closer to home – and climb the ladder another rung at work!
Brett and Lacey blessed our family with “Grady Buck Carter” – my very first grandson!!
Royce Lynn, Kayla, Ashlynn and Emily are all healthy and happy!
Dad and Mom continue to be the “Rocks of Gibraltar”!
Buffy was blessed with her 2nd little man this year … “Cade Christopher Douthit”
I learned to “Blog” … you can go to my blog by clicking on www.phufoo.blogspot.com
My faith only grew stronger as He kept me tightly in His hands.
So, as I copy and paste an excerpt from 2007’s Christmas email – I had to … the words ring true today – and … only the year has been changed!!
To each of you (which is ALL of you) who have prayed for my family and friends this year throughout each individual crisis … thank you. For each of you (again, which is all of you) who were there for us through each tough time in our life … thank you. To each of you (and again, which is ALL of you) who have shared in the joys of our children ... thank you. For each of you who have loved us because we just got thrown into a situation and became fast friends (Gena ... that would be you!!).
2008 has been full of ups and downs for all of us … yet without the confidence of knowing we are Children of God and knowing we have great friends such as ours … it would be unbearable! Here’s to knowing we ALL will have a wonderful 2009!
Have a most joyous holiday … remember, “Without the manger, there is no Christmas”.
Love, kisses and hugs to all!
Royce and Vicki
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment