Monday, March 17, 2008

Precious are our friends ....

My friend Gena ... she has been a definite joy in my life ... she, Gerald, Meagan, their grandbabies and 'Hound Dog' became a vital part of my life last summer! Listening to Gena's horse stories, seeing their craftsmanship in spurs, bits and their creativeness ... has blessed me so much. Gena is such an avid horsewoman ... and so well respected. In a horrible accident, 'Hound Dog' went to a greater place to run and play ... not long after, "Newt" came to live at the Stockard's ... a toy Australian Shepard ... my 4 legged-nephew! Bailey and I went by to visit one evening when Newt was just a puppy and she took a cute picture of him ... a few months later, Bailey tells Gena how Newt was known throughout the stock-show circuit ... Amazing how an animal and the love of animals affects us! "Newt-Man" as I call him is very protective of his masters, yet on the other hand, he tolerates the cats! Gena and I share so much throughout the week ... normally everyday ... with her brother-in-law Darrell going through cancer, Royce's health, my Dad's surgery and her mother-in-law having periodical difficulties -- we do have other things to talk about other than health issues and what to add to and take off the prayer list!! We were both blessed with great children and beautiful grandchildren ..... and Newt! Love you Gena-Girl, I'm blessed by you . Of course, I feel doubly blessed that we were able to experience the "traffic violations" last weekend ... what a hoot! Who would have ever thought that in the same town we would be stopped by the same trooper ... AND YOU WERE WARNED that I was stopped the night before going over 50mph! .... it's so much fun sharing with friends!

No comments: